Thursday, May 5, 2011

D.I.Y Nail Polish....

This is the most coolest thing I ran across and for all you crafty, nail polish loving gals here's a project for you.... D.I.Y Nail Polish!
Make sure you take pictures of your end result and post on the blog. I'd love to see how your nail polish turned out or if you got even more creative.









*cut squares of newsprint larger than nails. apply a base coat of polish. when nails are completely dry, soak them in alcohol, then press newsprint on nail and slowly pull off. top coat to seal.

I used NYC in a New York Minute 212B Mulberry Street, Sally Hansen Double Duty base and top coat clear nail polish, and a brand brand new newspaper and finally used our never been opened Kate Spade tea cups from our wedding.

It obviously had some defects, a little of the news paper print got on my cuticles, it smudged and was a little faint. If I were to do it again I would use a really matte fast drying nail polish. BUT other than that, it is a unique and fun nail project.


Enjoy!


idea was from :kayliafisher.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment